It is time to make some important decisions about your curriculum in Year 9 and 10 which will need to reflect the GCSE subjects in which you would like to be examined at the end of Key Stage 4.
Options evening will take place via school cloud in which you can book an appointment to discuss the options process:
Year 8 options evening: 25th February 4pm-6pm
Year 9 options evening: 4th March 4pm- 6pm
Year 8 students, parents and carers:
- At this point of our learning journey we would like students to choose one option from Business studies, Hospitality and Catering and BTEC Sport as we believe that all students should have a vocational option to explore options for further education.
Year 9 students, parents and carers:
At this point in our learning journey we would like students to choose one option from each of the following categories:
- Geography or History as we believe this further develops our students cultural capital
- Art or Drama as we believe all students should study and appreciate the arts
- Catering, Business or BTEC Sport as we believe that all students should have a vocational option to explore options for further education
- Psychology, Sociology or RE as we believe that students should study an academic curriculum that builds their understanding of the world
Please take the opportunity to discuss the option choices with your child. To further guide and support the options process we have included an options booklet which gives greater detail about the subjects above as well as subject videos from our teachers about why and what you will study at GCSE.