Being part of the Student Leadership team provides students from KS3 to KS4 the opportunity to make a positive impact within their school community.
As a school we have aligned our student leadership programme with our core values:
Resilience: To promote an understanding of wellbeing through mental health, anti-bullying and inclusion.
Ambition: To actively engage the school community in the vision of the student leaders and assist with maintaining a calm and organised school.
Respect: To improve the school's environmental impact and raise awareness of environmental issues that are of concern to our peers. To take on responsibilities with external visitors to the school.
Aims of our Student Leadership programme
- To empower students to work in partnership with staff towards shared goals.
- To enable creativity to flourish as the school community benefits from the wealth of experiences, ideas, skills and sense of fun that students bring.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills through a variety of inspiring, challenging and valued projects which impact positively on learning, teaching, our environment and well-being for both students and staff at MHS.
- To prepare students for future academic and pastoral challenges and for achieving personal and professional excellence.
Our Student Leadership programme provides:
- Formal and informal learning opportunities to develop individuals as leaders.
- Processes and structures for student representation and the incorporation of students’ views into decision making in the life of the school.
- Events and tailored workshops, lectures and seminars led by individuals in a leadership position.
- The opportunity to present ideas to the Senior Leadership Team to promote positive change in line with the school’s development and progress.